Saturday, June 29, 2013

TOP 10 LIST - David Letterman Style! (ok...maybe not!)

 
 
    My version of David Letterman's Top 10 List!  Only these aren't  funny (although they can be fun!) because I'm not that witty....I wish I was....but in my humble opinion, they are vital to living a life of happiness!
 
TOP TEN LIST TO THE TRUE WAY TO FIND HAPPINESS!
 
#10 - As hard as it is.....FORGIVE people who have hurt you.  It's not for them...but for you!  Free the anger in your heart. 

     Matthew 5:43-44  43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.

       #9  SERVE OTHER'S - Don't just sit back and wait for people to help you, even in hard times.  Get out and help those in need.  It will bring you more joy than you can imagine and you will forget about your troubles for a while.

Mark 10:45  45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

     #8 TALK TO GOD, pray and ask Him to guide you in your life.....EVERY....SINGLE....DAY.

Matthew 7:7-8  “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
 

     #7  STOP TRYING TO BUY HAPPINESS!  Be faithful with God has blessed you with and use it to bless others.  Give until it hurts.  That is when you draw closer to God.  When is the last time you said, "God....I need you!  I have everything I want!" ?  Just sayin!  :)

Matthew 6:19-20
19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven.
 
 
     #6  Don't worry - Be happy!

Matthew 6:25-27

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
 

#5  Know you are worthy of God's love, no matter what you have done in your life.

Luke 5:31, 32 31 Jesus answered them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”


#4  HAVE A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD AND YOU WILL LIVE IN ETERNITY WITH HIM.

John 4:13, 14  13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
John 3:16  16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
 
    #3  Give all you worries to God.  Then rest, and know He will take care of you.  It may look way differently than you had planned....but he is faithful.   Don't you dare take those worries back either!  (That's the hard part.)

Matthew 11:28-29 28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

     #2  TRUST!  Make your plans according to God's Will.  His plans are greater than ANYTHING you would've come up with anyway!


Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


#1 I've got nothing to add except that I think this one is the most important!
 

Romans 12

Place Your Life Before God

 1-2 So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.

1 comment: