Monday, June 10, 2013

Hope vs No hope

  

"Where do I start?"  I find myself asking myself this question almost daily.  Sell everything, learn about home schooling, fundraising.....it's completely overwhelming to get ready to change everything about your life and move out of the country.

  The closer we get to moving the more the question has changed it's meaning...."Where do I start when I get there?"  God has placed on my heart the desire to go and serve....but what difference can I truly make?  I'm not a Bible scholar!  I'm actually still a work in progress!  How can I help?  But then I remember all the people in my life that truly made an impact....they were the people that "just showed up".  They listened, empathized, showed me grace and unconditional love.....hmmmm.....sounds a lot like Jesus.  

  In church today we heard about what our role is in this life as Christ followers.  Spread the good news.  So I consider my role in the Dominican one that all I have to do is be willing and God will equip me with what I need. 

  • I will show grace,,,, the way He shows me grace. 

  • I will hurt for those hurting... just as He does. 

  • I will tell other's He forgives them.... like He does me. 

  • I will share with them how much He loves them. 

  • I will give them hope by knowing that Jesus walked on this Earth and suffered and died so that we can be forgiven because He could fully understand what it was like to live in our flesh.... with Him we don't have to suffer but will live the most beautiful life in eternity.

     When you dedicate your life to helping others....to fight "Satan's ideal world" of people suffering, starving, spiritually lost, and living with no hope, you will most likely find yourself under a spiritual attack.  Proof of this was just yesterday after church when my children went to Walmart while their father and I attended a meeting at church.  My 18 year old daughter Raegan, was wearing a long skirt that went to the floor, my 13 year old daughter Maddie, noticed a man standing behind them.  Soon out of the corner of her eye she saw him lean down and set his cellphone between Raegan's feet.  Maddie quickly realize the camera was on.  She kicked the phone, kneed the man in the chest which knocked him down.  She began yelling, "Don't do that!  Get out of here!  I'm going to call the cops!"  He scrambled to get his phone and took off running. 

   Now knowing we are going to the Dominican Republic to take a stand against Human Exploitation....doesn't it just figure that a spiritual attack like this would happen?  BUT look what happened because God lives in my babies heart!  Maddie did what she had to with no fear.  That my friends is how we all should live!  If we didn't stand for what is right .....then we would live in a world with no hope.

   I'm sure you have heard the term being Jesus hands and feet, but do you truly think about what that means?  Adam and Eve's actions caused us to live in an imperfect world.   But it is our privilege as Christ followers to do everything possible to help, teach, and serve those who don't know Him.

   So when you question yourself like I do.  Remind yourself that all it takes is the first step.  Trust God to equip you....grow you.....and push you to speak of a life of hope to whomever you come across.  Don't miss out on the opportunities because "your life" got in the way.  Because you will miss out on the biggest blessings you will ever witness.
   


1 Corinthians 10:23-24 (NIV)

23 "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is constructive. 24 Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others.   

 







No comments:

Post a Comment