Thursday, June 13, 2013

Look What I Found!!!!

    I know Christ Followers can freak people out sometimes with our enthusiasm...haha....so I argued with myself before I decided to go ahead and write this post.  The reason I struggled was because I didn't want anybody to think I was specifically speaking at them....because I'm not.  I placed God on the back burner for so long in my life before I realized He has to be the front and center.  I just so badly want everyone to "get it" so I'm sharing what my journey has been.  So if you read this and feel anything but encouragement maybe you need to pray about why. 
 
     When we first started out fundraising.....silly me...I truly thought, "No problem!  We have so many friends....this will be a breeze!"  Well.....what I quickly learned was this is SOOOOO not about us and all about God!  If I had put our first request out for monthly supporters and BOOM....300 people stepped up I would've been like...."See!  Aren't we popular!"  Okay....I may not have said exactly that ....but I would've so been giving myself the glory for being recognized as a good person that wants to go do good things and people trust ME!  Don't get me wrong....I want you all to trust me and KNOW that I will be doing the BEST that I can do glorify God's kingdom!   But God wanted to grow me.....He wanted me to see this whole journey is about HIM and what HE will bless me with.  He wants me to give HIM all the control.  He wants to be the one that steps into your heart and make you trust HIM with the gifts that He has given you. 
 
     Brian and I have not chosen the easy roads through out our marriage.  In the beginning we did not put God first in our lives and because we didn't we made some pretty crappy choices.  We lived wayyyy past our means and struggled like so many people do.  Luckily when we went through the struggles we didn't just blame the world and get mad and feel sorry for ourselves.  We took accountability and we turned to Jesus to help us get on the right track with all of our priorities.  We sold our huge house with the huge payment and bought our adorable little country home with a 1/4 of the payment.  It took a while to catch up on the mess we had gotten ourselves into BUT we listened to God.  We tithed, we supported 2 missionaries we continued to support Rubelsi, our little boy with Compassion International that we have supported for about 10 years now.  We had foster children, we prayed, we listened, we went on mission trips.  We never, ever, EVER...not even ONCE regretted any of those decisions.  We never said, "Oh man....I really wish I had that $200 (or whatever amount) back that I gave to other's so I could have a new outfit or toy or whatever we thought we be cool to have.
    
     The totally awesome part is....because we listened to God....we are so much happier, less anxiety, less stress, happier marriage.  Our kids know WHAT to VALUE now. 

    So this IS NOT another post on why you should become a monthly partner with us.  That truly is between you and God.  This is my post about that I truly hope and pray that if you are living the way that I used to......seek God.  Trust God.  Ask Him....what plans do you have for my life?  I guarantee His plans are WAY better than the one's you are trying to achieve without His approval. 

     What prompted me writing this post was when my friend MarLo wrote these words on her facebook status.  It was my message from God through her.  Brian and I had just sat down and looked at our sponsors.  We have 4 weeks and a longggggg way to go.  I keep saying God will do it in a way that we know it was ALL HIM!  But those little waves of nausea creep in when you look at the actual numbers and time frame.....So these words brought me the PEACE I needed right when I needed it.  I pray they will bring you as much peace too! 

"Never be overcharged with anxiety. I am your burden-bearer. Never be anxious for the morrow, for on the morrow I will be your sure supply. Praise Me now, and let your confidence in Me be manifest. So will the faith of others be encouraged, for your life is a witness to many." (Come Away My Beloved)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment