Friday, June 28, 2013

Answered prayers!

    If you haven't read my post previous to this one....stop now and read it first.  I want to share with you all how God answered me that very day.  It's so important to notice when He answers your prayers.  Sometimes we just think, "Well that worked out nice!"  because of the subtlety.  But there was no mistaking what took place this last Tuesday.

    Right after I got off my knees from praying and seriously begging like a toddler for God to move in big ways to bring us supporters.....I got a text.  It was my sweet friend from HS, who is one of our monthly supporters.  I told him I was having a rough morning.  He gave me so many encouraging words that were definitely God speaking through him.  He reminded me that we have to put ALL our trust in Him.  He said just that morning he noticed his finances were scarce and did what seems to be counter-intuitive.....he wrote a big tithe check.  He has seen God pull him through tight spots when He gives it to him.

   So encouraged I went about my day.  I picked up one of my sweet students and took her on a girl's day out.  We went horseback riding at our friends house.  It was hot and humid but refreshing and regenerating!  Right after I went through a drive through at my pharmacy all sweaty and not to fresh looking.  As I spoke to the Pharmacist, she asked if I still lived at the address that had on file.  I laughed because it was like 5 houses ago.  She wanted to update it and I politely told her there was no need because I was moving out of the country soon.  She was curious where and when I told her she said she had heard about our family  She told me her husband was just in Haiti on a mission trip.  She requested info and I gladly reached into my purse and pulled out several of our information brochures! 

    Later that evening I get a call from my sweet friend who is also a supporter and said that her mother (another supporter) has a voucher from Delta airlines she wants to give us!!!!  Ok....so for some reason we usually fly American but this time we are flying Delta because it was the ONLY airline I could find that has night flights.  The reason that is so important is because we can not take our pups with us if the temperature will be over 85 degrees where we depart or land!   So Delta it is!  Who would know this....except God!!!!!

   Wait.....there is more.  I woke up the next morning to an email that said that my friend from HS with all the encouraging words....his check had been sent to us!  $500!!!!!   Reminding you that he already supports us monthly.  He had sent it before we had spoken.  Chills right?  The email also said that the girl at the pharmacy had signed up to be a monthly supporter!  Seriously?  It couldn't have been because she was all impressed by me.  I was tired and hot and not my spunky self.  It was all God prompting her to do so.  When I looked at her last name so I could look her up on facebook I realized that she was a doctor's wife.  The same doctor that my former office manager had been trying to introduce me to because he had a heart for missions!  So God was like, if you can't meet him then I will arrange for you to meet her! 

   I LOVE when God shows off like this!!!  So when people doubt and when I have glimpses of doubt that we WILL be fully funded in 17 days and ready to go!  I say.....ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE WITH GOD! 

    If you have been prompted by God by reading this to sign up with us....please click the big yellow Go MAD box on the right side of this page.  Click on Make A Donation.  Under 'Program Designation' click Brian and Jenny!  Walk this walk of faith with us!  Help us share with the families that desperately need us in the DR, what AMAZING things God did to help us get to them.  We all need HOPE and walking in COMPLETE FAITH is the only way to have it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment