Sunday, March 25, 2012

My treasure!

We moved into our new home about a year ago.  I had bought  new bedding for our master bedroom and it sat in it's package unopened for probably 6 months as we waited to finally close on the house we were selling. 

I absolutely loved the colors and decorated our room around it.  I finally was able to use the bedding.  It made me so happy...so pretty....so bright...so clean!!   (Have you guessed where this is going yet???)   Madison wanted to sleep in bed with me one night.  Well...Madison is known to get an occasion bloody nose.   Yep...you are right! 

There was no way I could get mad at her because she felt so bad about it and it obviously wasn't on purpose.  I realized what happened when she was lying all sprawled out in an awkward way on top of the cover. That was a subtle clue that she was hiding something. 

Well after trying some cleaners and then using a little bleach (I don't recommend that...causes holes!)  my impressive little comforter looked like it had been around for about 10 years possible used for camp outs in the back yard.

But guess what?  That little comforter has been a DAILY reminder to me that I should not put value on "things."  It's a reminder that Maddie's feelings were way more important and by not getting mad at her I showed her that she means more to mean than any material possession. 

Every night when I climb in bed with that blood stain (sorry...I'm a nurse...doesn't bother me)...I thank God for showing me that the treasure in my heart are not bought.

Matthew 6:19-21

Treasures in Heaven
    19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

No comments:

Post a Comment