Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Are you truly happy?



Are you content?   Is your house big enough?  Is your the job you are doing fulfilling you and paying you enough?  Are your finances stable?  Do you have "everything you want?"  Are you wanting to change your decorations in your house...your spouse....your wardrobe....your body?

Dont' get confused on what I'm asking.  I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to improve yourself with education, praying more, eating better, exercising more, volunteering more.  But are you content with what you have....what God has blessed you with?

I borrowed this from a sweet friend of mine:

What is contentment? Contentment means my happiness is not dependent upon circumstances. Most people get caught into "when" thinking: "When I get a certain job ... When I can retire ... When I get the house paid off ... When I get the bills paid off ... then I'll be happy!"

God says, "No, once you get there, you'll always want something else." If you don't learn contentment, you'll never be happy.... You'll always want more. ~ Rick Warren

"Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we can't take anything with us when we leave it. So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content." (1 Timothy 6:6-8 NLT)

Tell those rich in this world's wealth to quit being so full of themselves and so obsessed with money, which is here today and gone tomorrow. Tell them to go after God, who piles on all the riches we could ever manage - to do good, to be rich in helping others, to be extravagantly generous. If they do that, they'll build a treasury that will last, gaining life that is truly life. (1 Timothy 6:17-19 MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment