Friday, March 30, 2012

Better than I asked for!

One of my biggest highlights in my week is when I meet on Tuesday mornings for breakfast with 3 guys that I work with in my school district for a bible study.  So many blessing for me have come out of these meetings.  Most people are shocked when they find out that administration, teachers and staff actually pray for your students in a public school.  We pray that we can best educate, lead, heal and influence in a positive way our students to be creative, well adjusted, moral students that can define themselves to lead the best lives possible.

We also are trying to grow in our faith by improving ourselves.  We have studied the Five Love Languages and let me tell you....to sit with 3 men and hear about how much they love and respect their wives is inspiring because not always are men the greatest with their feelings so it's cool to understand how they are thinking.  They have given me great insight to my own marriage and how my husband thinks.

Our fearless leader...Robbie O (I hope he doesn't mind me sharing his identity) has challenged me to dig deeper...more than I care to sometimes....but I am so thankful I did!  :)

Our challenge for this week of spring break was to take time to step away from everything and listen to God....really listen.

Now of course....when Satan knows you are trying to get closer to God or get ready to make some big changes in life for God....he hits you hard.  So it was no surprise that since I had chosen today to go to a nearby lake and just walk and listen and pray that Satan would give me a flat tire.  And I don't mean just a low tire...I mean the kind that is almost falling off the wheel!

So...being a little homebound....I decided to go out and mow...I prayed for some sunshine on facebook because we all know that prayers through facebook are answered faster...haha!

Let me tell you how God is so much smarter than Satan.  I usually sit on my riding mower (which is still in storage) and listen to my ipod (which I think I left at school).
So remember I prayed for sunshine to mow with?  Uh....did I forget I'm out of shape and using a push mower first time in years???? and we have over an acre??? 

 So God answered my prayers better than what I asked for....he gave me a cool breeze...just little bursts of sun and the most beautiful scenery I needed.  I wasn't distracted by the music I am usually listening to...even though it's Christian music but I sing really loud so it's hard to do much listening.  He reminded me that when we think our answers are not being answered...they are....just not always the way we have planned because God has a better plan than we could ever dream of.








He set it up for me to see that circumstances don't have to be perfect in your life.  You just have to be still and listen.


Psalm 46

God is our refuge and strength—He dwells in his city, does marvelous things, and says, Be still and know that I am God.

No comments:

Post a Comment