Sunday, June 3, 2012

What is the Center of your Life?

This morning I woke up with a little less than an hour to get ready for church and I just felt so strongly that God was asking me to just sit down and spend a little time with Him.  This kind of caught me off guard a little because I have been trying to and have been pretty successful with reading my Bible every single day.  I made it my New Year's resolution a year and a half ago and I haven't missed a day.  But as I was riding to church I got a little serious with myself.  My reading the Bible may consist of a few verses and then roll over and go to sleep not giving it another thought.

I also read Crazy Love and Radical and those books just tell me like it is....or SHOULD be!  I LOVE THAT!  They make me dig deep into my soul and ask myself the really HARD questions. 

Another favorite ritual I do is listen to Christian music!  Especially when I am mowing.  Truly one of my most favorite things to do!

But WHEN do I actually sit and TALK and LISTEN.....like REALLY LISTEN????   So many distractions....so many EXCUSES get in the way.  So God was tapping me on the shoulder this morning.....HELLO....Make time for ME!!!!!

So I was all excited and knew what my whole summer break was going to consist of!!!!  I want that PERSONAL....DEEP....MEANINGFUL relationship with my FATHER.  I don't want rituals....I don't want prayers on the go....I want a HEAD OVER HILLS...IN LOVE...RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS!

So just for good measure....God...in only the way HE can....made the sermon today be about this exact thing.

At Eastview Christian Church J.K. spoke about how our culture is defined as many things....BUT GOD...was the beginning of culture.  Not iPads...not iPhones....not nooks. 

"When culture is godless God's Word gets lost."

When culture is godless God's plan get lost."


No comments:

Post a Comment