Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Best Friend

Words can just not express how proud I am of my little sister.  She and her husband Todd and most of their 9 kids sold EVERYTHING (think about that for a minute...everything!) and moved to Guatemala to serve orphans full time last year.  They had to leave 2 of their sons back at college and to let them begin their own new lives on their own.  All their friends and familiarities and especially their comfort of knowing the native tongue....all left behind. 

Not everyone can understand how they could choose this...SERIOUSLY....if you ask me I say....How could you not?????

They have the greatest boss in the world!

They are being literally the hands and feet of JESUS!

They get to love people DAILY that don't understand WHY so they get to tell them it's all because of HIM.

 

They are now blessed enough to begin to do their own ministry the way God has asked them to.  They are starting Village of Hope through Lifesong for Orphans.


To learn more click here:  http://www.lifesongfororphans.org/orpCare/guat.html


I am so happy to be going down this July with a team to help serve at Village of Hope in whatever capacity God enables me to!

Another team from my hometown are there right now serving with Amy and Todd.  Here is what the youth minister shared on his blog.  I hope you don't mind me borrowing this Steve!

Mission Work

I have always enjoyed going on mission trips, in the USA and other countries. In fact, Crystal has often mentioned going somewhere to run a mission.
Here is my suggestion for anyone who is running a mission or thinking of starting one someday...come to Guatemala and spend some time with Todd and Amy Block. They have the right attitude and personality to be missionaries. They wouldn't have to teach you anything, their spirit would just rub off on you! It has been a pleasure being here with them in Guatemala!!

Amy's favorite quote is "Be the Change you wish to see in this World." 

Thank you Amy and Todd and family for being the change!  LOVE YOU!!

2 comments:

  1. Awww you made me cry! LOVE YOU too and so proud of you! CANNOT WAIT TO SERVE ALONG SIDE OF YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading your blog for a little while and had NO IDEA that you are Amy's sister. Wow! She is an "in real life" friend of mine.

    I found Amy's blog a few years ago when they were in the process of adopting the 5 siblings. We, too, were in the midst of an adoption crisis, and the two of us became email prayer partners.

    In 2009 and 2010, my kids and I took cross country trips, and spent a few days each time camping at the KOA near Amy's house. We LOVE the sweet Block family; and I DREAM of going to Guatemala to serve with Amy for a week or two.

    Hope your time in Guatemala is BlESSED!!!

    Laurel
    mama of 12 (ages 10, 10, 12, 13, 15, 19, 21, 23, 23, 25, 26, 27)

    ReplyDelete