Saturday, April 28, 2012

An evening with Francis that left me wanting more of Jesus!

My husband has fulfilled many dreams of mine....(besides marrying me and my 3 baby girls)...one of the first ones I remember is taking me to see Michael Jordan and the Bull's....haha!  Last night he even topped that for me.  He took me to see Francis Chan.
Francis is an author and pastor and has inspired me GREATLY with his books and videos.  Please if you haven't read "Crazy Love" or watched his youtube video's called Balance Beam or Rope Illustration...take the time to check them out....you won't be sorry! 

Several things jumped out at me listening to Francis last night.  The biggest one was...you know how you feel when you just know God just made something really AMAZING happen?????  Well...usually that doesn't happen while you are sitting in church with people who "get it".  It usually happens when you are trying to help those who are lost!   Hmmmmm......guess where we should be hanging out more?  Not saying that you shouldn't go to church....but if you have been in church more than a few years and even more so after 20 - 30 years....You should not be sitting there waiting to be "fed"...you should be out being a disciple! 

Matthew 28:19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

I wish I had a video of last nights message....but I love love love this one!  CAUTION 4 minutes in will hit you hard!



So what do you want more....personal belongings here on Earth or experiences with God that will leave you wanting to do more and pave your way to a life of ETERNAL happiness???????

No comments:

Post a Comment