Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Encouragement



      I can't help but giggle when people ask how IT works exactly.  You know...this missionary thing!  Is Brian going to be working?  Yes....as a missionary.  No...I mean like having a real job?  Yes...we both will be working.   No I mean like having a paid job?  Yes.... a missionary does live by the support of other's.  (Insert confused stare here.)  

     I was just confiding in a friend (who's son is also on the mission field) and telling her how sometimes I feel like people think we are just asking for handouts.  She sweetly gave me these words to hold on to during those awkward times.  "Jenny....you have a ministry....just like a pastor.  You are just looking for your congregation.   Pastors are supported by their congregation as they serve." 

    I know I used the "B" word a lot but we are truly BLESSED with the people that are on this journey with us.  God is using us all to Go Make A Difference.

    

   
A quote from my favorite author/pastor Francis Chan, “The crazy part about God’s heart is that He doesn’t just ask us to give:  He desires that we love those in need as much as we loves ourselves.  That is the core of the second greatest command, to “love your neighbor as yourself.’  (Matt. 22:39).

No comments:

Post a Comment