Friday, March 15, 2013

FRUSTRATED!!!!

 
 Please Jesus help me understand! Give me the right words....Give me strength to smile, walk away and pray for the judgmental comments of other's.  Help me only see myself as YOU see me!


    I do not see how people sit in church and listen to scripture after scripture and then tell my family that we shouldn't move and that we should stay here and help "our own".   I totally want to vomit when I hear the words "our own"!  We are ALL God's children.... aren't we????  I don't know about you but I don't remember filling out a questionnaire before I was born asking me my preference on what country I would like to live in!  And by the way....I love the United States and all of our agency's and churches that are helping in this country although it's not perfect....our basic needs are WAYYYYYYYYYY better off that 3/4 or more of the world. 

I recently had someone say right in front of my children, "You shouldn't leave, you are so loved and respected and safe here.  There.... you will probably get a gun pointed at your head."   

SERIOUSLY????  

 I have to say I have never walked up to somebody and gave them my opinion on where they should work, who they should or shouldn't help AND place fears into their children's heads!!!! 

You will also NEVER hear me say that I think you are wrong for staying here and not moving overseas.  Everybody has their roles and it's their personal relationship with Jesus that will answer your own calling on who to disciple to.

No where in the Bible does Jesus say, "Stay warm and comfy and safe in your home.  Do not trust me to take care of you....lean only on yourself to meet your needs." 

What the Bible DOES say is:

James 2 14-17
What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.



The Bible also does not say, "Only take care of people in your own country and let them know about my love of specific people."

It actually says:

Matthew 28:19-20

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Mark 16:15   
And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.


I know I am not going to solve the world's problems by myself, but if I can open a few eyes along the way to aiding what I consider my brothers then I will say to my God one day, "My faith in you was the best thing I could show them."
 

2 comments:

  1. The judgement and condemnation from fellow Believers can be unending and heartbreaking.

    We have been judged and condemned for . . .

    . . . having 10 bio. children.
    ("you will never be able to give them all they need")

    . . . adopting 3 children from Ghana
    ("how about all of the children in the U.S. that need families?)

    . . . my husband choosing to be a school teacher
    ("you will never be able to provide for your large family")

    . . . allowing our children to go on "dangerous" international mission trips
    ("what if something happens to them")

    . . . supporting our sons in their decision to join the military
    ("what if something happens to them")

    . . . encouraging our teenagers to work on the local farms in the summer
    ("you force your children to work in order to buy things that other parents buy their children because they love them")


    Yea. That last one was pretty ugly, huh? That was from a family member.

    In all of these things, we stand on these Truths:

    "Children are a Gift from the Lord"

    "God is our Provider"

    "God is our Protector"


    Keep seeking HIM, and HE will direct your paths . . . HE will provide for your needs . . .

    I love to hear your heart and your passion, and can't wait to see all that the LORD has for you . . . what He will do in you and what He will do through you in the Dominican Republic.

    Laurel - mama of 12
    (a friend of Amy's)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurel! I feel you pain and can I just say, "ARE YOU SERIOUS???" Ugh...people are so ignorant. All I can say is when we chose to adopt and do mission work it is because we have kind sensitive hearts so the comments others make are hard to not sting A LOT....but I realized that when I asked God to break my heart for what breaks his....he showed me not only the orphans and oppressed but also the ignorant and closed minded. :) Stay strong! Love ya!

      Delete