Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly and Some Ridiculous!

    As we get ready to celebrate our 1 year anniversary of entering the mission field I thought it would be appropriate to share my emotions on this crazy roller coaster ride.  I would LOVE to say that these are feelings I have had throughout the year occasionally but the reality of it is....I experience MOST on a  DAILY basis.  I would be lying if I said this has been easy.  The only absolute I can tell you is how much I have to rely on God for strength and sanity!  So here are just a small portion of my thoughts through the day and quite literally how quickly they can change.

  • LEARNING A NEW LANGUAGE IS SO HARD!!!!!!!!!  I want to crawl in my bed and throw the covers over my head!

  • I feel like I made some really good choices today!

  • Man.....I screwed up!

  • Thank you God for using me to save a life today (either physically or spiritually)

  • The ugliness of sin from abuse, greed and sexually immortality makes my heart shatter into a million tiny pieces.

  • I really miss fast food drive thru's!!!!

  • I'm not doing enough!

  • The beauty God shows me in the hearts of people and on his earthly creation literally makes my heart feel like it's going to burst.

  • Just curious but why did you invent mosquito's and allow such high humidity?

  • There's so much need and I am just one person.

  • Why me???  Why did I have to move so far from my family that I adore?

  • I love it here!!!

  • I want to go home!!

  • Thank you Lord for the AMAZING people you have placed in my life.

  • Can I not do anything right???

  • I am so proud of my family for being so strong.

  • Stop asking me for "things"!

  • Please someone invent a microchip to insert into my brain so I can be instantly fluent in Spanish!

  • It's so awesome to work along side of my husband!

  • I am with my husband wayyyyy to much!

  • Thank you Jesus for leading me here.

  • I am blessed! 

  • Use me Lord!



I am grateful for every single one of these thoughts and feelings because when we are pushing ourselves out of our comfort zone....that's when we grow closer to God. 






 



No comments:

Post a Comment