Sunday, September 1, 2013

Keeping It Real!

  Marriage....it is not always easy.  Actually if you ask me it is NEVER easy.....BUT it is a CHOICE.  You can choose to be happy, choose to be selfless, choose to be forgiving, choose to show grace, choose to LOVE like Jesus does.  But let's be real...most days I don't even think....I just react, speak without much thought and anger easily.  Do I WANT to be this way?    Uh no!  But I make excuses, I'm hot, I'm tired, I "deserve" more,  I....I.....I!!!!!!!!!  So I am a piece of work!  BUT....I am work in progress!  I am recognizing that I am a child of God which means I am made human and with many flaws and the ONLY way to be like Jesus is to be in CONSTANT communication with Him.  That's what I love about this journey with Christ is that it is continuous.  You can't be saved and then go on your merry way.....every day it's a WALK with Him. 

 Our journey to the mission field was NOT like this, "Hey honey!  Let's sell all of our worldly possessions and move away from most everyone we love and rely on other's for support and work in a place that's beautiful but hot and where we don't know the language and we may get what belongings we do take stolen!  Sound good?"   Brian - "Sure honey....sounds SWELL!  I'll book the flights!"

 The process to get here was definitely long and hard but SUCH A TIME OF GROWING IN OUR FAITH AND OUR RELATIONSHIP!  Now since we have been on the mission field for over a month, we are digging deeper than ever before to keep walking and growing with our Savior because it's the only way we can face the challenges we are faced with daily.

 So now that I put my human flaws out there for the world to see I want to honor my husband that is WALKING this WALK with me!  You see I get to post pictures and stories about PEOPLE that we come across and how we are trying to help them.  My husbands job is not as glamorous BUT SO necessary.  He makes the Safe House Safer with locks and screens to keep thieves and critters out.  He is scrapping some kind of unknown mold out of a room in the clinic that can cause some serious health issues.  He is fixing too many areas in the school to list to make it safer and more functional.  He gets us safely to work in an area where nobody follows traffic laws.  He will IMMEDIATELY stop what he is doing to take a family to the hospital or go and get formula for a starving baby.  He also has worked endlessly to learn how to get us insurance and safe car, home and area to live. 

 I am so thankful not only that God has given me Brian to be my partner in this life but also that God has given me the ability to STOP and REFLECT and APPRECIATE what BLESSINGS I have in my life.




 
     

1 Corinthians 13:4-10          

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. ...


No comments:

Post a Comment