Sunday, August 4, 2013

Life in the DR - Week 2


  We found out this week that we can pack all of our belongings and move in a half an hour!  We all brought 2 suitcases each after we sold most of our belongings.....and guess what?  We have really only unpacked and needed the items out of one!  This just proves again to me that we don't need possessions to be happy.  Now having said that!  haha....There are so many things that I wish I could have brought with me for the clinic.  I would LOVE to have a file cabinet.  (I know I couldn't have packed it anyway but still....haha)  When I began as the school nurse I got rid of like 3 of them in my office.  I don't like clutter and old information just stored in drawers.  But just one for our patient records could make life more organized.  I have learned it is super hard to find organizational items here on the island and if you do, they are expensive.  I would also love to get Internet and a laptop for the clinic so we could modernize it just a little.  It's the simple things!  ;)


   Things that are just becoming a daily routine are:

  • Washing fruits and veggies in bleach water to kill bacteria.

  • Not flushing toilet paper.

  • Not running air conditioning.

  • Using electricity as little as possible because it's so expensive.

  • Jumping in the shower several times a day to cool down.

  • DEFENSIVE DRIVING...HAHA!

  • Money conversions.....$1 dollar is 41 pesos.

  • Metric.



Hard things we are dealing with:

  • Missing our families and friends!

  • Wanting to help everyone we see.

  • McDonald's....just kidding. (sort of)

  • Not getting ripped off because we are gringos. 

  • Not knowing the language!!!!  That is super hard for me at the clinic.


So....looking over the list of what we NEED....what we have LEARNED and what is HARD....I would say we have been blessed and covered by God's provision. 

I would love to hear how God is blessing you like only He can!



2 Corinthians 9:8

 
And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment