Monday, October 15, 2012

Resting in the Lord

Who would've thought that saying "Yes God....we want to serve on the mission field.  We are willing to sell all our possessions, leave our comforts, uproot our children and leave our jobs, families and friends." would be the EASY part?


Ever since we have felt such a strong desire to answer the call we have had doors open and close, and challenges in areas of our lives that we never thought possible.  But we have not wavered on if our decision to serve for one minute. 

I asked advice from an amazing lady who is actively serving and has experience the "walk" to follow God's calling.  She told me to
"rendirse" which means complete surrender. 

 
 
 
Sounds easy right???  But I like to control things...haha!  But I couldn't shake her words...."Rest in the Lord" she said. 

So I really prayed hard and ask God to make me do just that!  Then as only God does he "coincidentally" throws in similar topics at church and Bible verses.

I began reminding myself that I can come up with some pretty cool ideas BUT GOD has plans for me that I NEVER could have thought of. 

Guess what I'm doing?????   Resting in the Lord and completely surrendering.  Doors are opening and I'm allowing Him to write the script for our AMAZING STORY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment