Monday, September 3, 2012

What's Your Story???





There was a segment on a show like Dateline or 20/20 about 10 years ago....I can't remember exactly what show it was or who the gentlemen was that hosted it....BUT I loved it! 

The host would travel all around the U.S. and stop in some random  town and begin a conversation with the residents.  He would then ask somebody to tell them their "story".  They would begin by saying, "Oh there is nothing special about my life....."  but as they went on an amazing tale of heartache, love, hope, loss, heroism.... or you name it... would eventually come out.  Most often I would end up with crying and my heart touched by what they had overcome or experienced. 

So....if you have read anything I have written on here before you pretty much know my story.  I'm an open book.  I tell everyone because I am a FIRM BELIEVER that we help others by sharing things we triumphed over or lessons we learned to prevent others from the same mistakes or just plain encouraging people that we may experience the same difficulties or celebrate the joys in our lives. 

I am asking you now...it's your turn to share...."What's your story?"  I want to celebrate with you.  I want to pray for you.  I want to give other's hope through your strength.  I truly want to know....and it's not to be nosy....it's to give me wisdom of other's when I am on the missionary field. 

Don't let me down!!!   I usually have anywhere from 40 - 200 people reading this.  I'm ready to read!!   You can even stay anonymous if you like. 

2 comments:

  1. Not sure how much my story will help but I will tell ya anyways!

    My parents divorced when I was a year old and I honestly had no clue I even had a mom til I was four. And even then, she was a pretty crappy mom. She was an alcoholic. She would call and say she was going to come and get me on a certain day and then never show up or even remember she called and said that. And then it would be months before I would hear from her again. As I got older, things got worse and she would get black out drunk and hit me when I didn't do things she wanted me to do. When I got into high school I found my "happy place" in church with the youth group. My life was surrounded by God and I really enjoyed those times. When I turned 18 I had enough of my mom and hit her back. That stopped the abuse because she knew I wasn't going to take it anymore. Unfortunately, I went through a pity party why did this happen God phase and lost my faith and am still searching to get it back. I have an alright relationship with my mom now. She is still an alcoholic but she doesn't drink around me anymore because she knows I won't come around if she drinks.

    Like I said, not sure how much my story will help but there it is. Well, part of it anyways...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had to read this several times to really soak it all in. I think your strength and love for your mother is so admirable. For you to endure what you did and continue to stand strong and by her side is amazing. You say your relationship is airtight. My prayer is that you will see again that God is thinking the same thing right now about your relationship with Him. He will always be there for you even if you are not perfect....just like you are for your mom.

      Delete